This was because I saw Elizabeth Gilbert do an interview/discussion about the book and her journey, and she blew me away. I love the way she speaks, I really do. Extremely eloquent and she hits the point every time.
I didn't feel the need to read the book because after listening to her, I got it. I understood her story, loved it already, and felt that a) reading it won't have much more to offer; and b) I didn't want to spoil the brilliance of it in case the book wasn't as entertaining. (which doesn't make any sense since it was the book's best-selling status that got Gilbert interviewed in the first place, so it's gotta be good, right).
But one fine day I was chatting with Sue and the topic came up. Sue had just finished it with her book club friends, and assured me: "if you love how she speaks, then you will love the book because she writes exactly the way she speaks". Then she proceeded to shove a copy of the book at me. Here, read it.
Like I said. Books jump out at us. We don't pick them; they pick us.
And right now in my life, Eat Pray Love is the perfect companion.
I get it.
p.s. am loving the idea of Julia Roberts for the film.
No comments:
Post a Comment