Friday, 28 August 2009

Don't worry

I just had a business associate say this to me: don't worry i've got your back on this.

The amount of relief that gave me was unmeasureable. I actually doubted her for a moment. Known to be a tough, straight-talking and no-nonsense worker, she's not the easiest person to work with. Especially if you are afraid of tough, straight-talking and no-nonsense people, like I am. And she works for me! When a contract seemed like it was falling apart, one of my biggest worry was now how do I handle the pressure from the people I'm supposed to pay.

But I guess that's the thing about straight-talkers. They say it as it is, the good and the bad. And in this case, it seems to transcend into their loyalties. They stick with you, through the good and the bad. Oh in case you are worried for me about the contract, it's okay, not the end of the world. We are playing wait and see for now.

I am learning so much since starting up the company a year ago. Self development, self management, people management. So much. I feel improved too. While my errors and short-comings have been put into the spotlight more than a few times, my strengths and dare i say, hidden, potentials have surfaced too. I never knew I had it in me. I am tip-toeing across unchartered territory, and it's exciting. And for now, I survive another day, knowing that someone's got my back.

1 comment:

  1. Stopped by to say hi, HI!
    terima kasih pasal jemput masuk :)

    ReplyDelete