Thursday, 16 April 2009

Home

Bumped into a friend's sister at lunch today (here in Miri). She works here but I know she goes back to her family home in KL fairly often, so asked her if she's been back home recently.

She said yes, just last weekend. Then she asked me right back. What about you? Go home often?

Was caught off guard, and had to think a bit before I answered despite it being my own question.
It was weird being asked that. Because to me, this (Miri) is home. Oh, you mean back to Semenanjung (the Peninsula)?! ya I go often, but for work.

Funny how some of us never lose that attachment to home no matter where we are in the world. Though I now tend to bring home with me wherever I go. Lumut was home, when we stayed there. Now Miri is home. KL was never home. And Terengganu is where I grew up and now it's where my parents are.

No comments:

Post a Comment