Wednesday, 12 May 2010

En route, homebound

KLIA again. Waiting for flight back to Miri.
Turns out airports calm me. I feel at home. I feel I belong in this land devoid of ownership. I think it reminds me of how the world goes round and round while individual lives goes off on various tangents, occasionally crossing one another's path, or sometimes completely missing out by mere seconds. It's a reminder of both the insignificance and significance of not only one's whole life, but also one single moment in the bigger picture.

Have you watched Up in the Air? Good movie.

Jakarta turned out to be just what I needed. It was crazy timing, having to go away smack in the middle of this mess that I am in. Just as I suspected, despite my good intentions to do lots of work and to sort out various issues while I'm there, all I did was attend the necessary meetings, and slept the rest of the time. Almost complete isolation. That was my medicine. It still means that the mess is still unsorted, deadlines still unmet. But what's important is that I am repaired, almost.

Looking forward to reaching home tonight. My other drug.
Tomorrow I battle again.

No comments:

Post a Comment