H just called. From Dubai. He's been to Milan a few weeks ago, and now in Dubai en route to Iraq. Yes Iraq, and next week to Oman. Tomorrow morning he's going to a desert somewhere to go on a hot air balloon ride during sunrise.
I told him I am feeling a touch of freedom-envy. While I love having A be the centre of my universe right now, there is no denying that my world came to a grinding halt and I am now completely and utterly grounded, while at the same time H has taken off and is going places.
He said that may be true, but my life at the moment has greater meaning.
I like that.
But I also realise it is pointless to envy him his experiences, or to compare who has more meaning and what-not. We share our lives and what we do and our experiences complement and enrich each other's.
And who says I have to stay grounded forever. I do have a choice. And for now I choose to nurture my baby boy. It is the biggest human resource development task in the world.
I like that.
But I also realise it is pointless to envy him his experiences, or to compare who has more meaning and what-not. We share our lives and what we do and our experiences complement and enrich each other's.
And who says I have to stay grounded forever. I do have a choice. And for now I choose to nurture my baby boy. It is the biggest human resource development task in the world.
Hi.. heard those similar words before.. Read 1 page of your entries.... and enjoy it..
ReplyDelete