Monday, 6 August 2012

Remember You

In the sea of birthday wishes that I am receiving today, an email came in.

It's from me.

Gosh. I can't remember when I did that. It was years ago. Some software/website that I stumbled upon that lets you write a message to yourself that will be sent to you, in the future. Well apparently my future is now. I received that message from myself and here's what it said:

Have you forgotten who you are and who you wanted to be? I hope not. You wanted to be good and to do good. You wanted to be happy.
On this day, you were lonely. You had a lot that belonged to you, a lot that you can be proud of. You had love. But you weren't whole.
Are you now? I hope so. I really do hope so.
And in case you have forgotten - you are good. 

I don't remember when that was, where was I and what was going on in my life then. But I'd like to say thank you to that person, for caring enough to look ahead and remind me to remember myself. If I could reply to my old self, I'd say simply that no, I haven't forgotten, and yes, I am happy.


No comments:

Post a Comment