Just an hour ago, I was too stressed, too overwhelmed with work that I couldn't sleep. It gets like that for me from time to time. I find myself boxed in and unable to see the way out. Tonight I decided to ask for help. That was all it took, asking for help. S-O-S-ed my work supervisor and plainly told him I'm overwhelmed, I need to vent, so we Skyped. Just a short talk, go over things rationally, and voila, I feel ok again. I can breathe. It's not the end of the world.
There is one other stress factor right now. Separation anxiety. After one full year of always being in A's life, full-time, I am going to have to leave him behind for two weeks. It's breaking my heart but I'm trying not to think too much about it. Just do it, get it over with and come back to him when I'm done.
At least I know I can say that for the first year of his life, I have been fully present.
We'll be fine.
I'll be fine.
I've decided. Working just doesn't suit me. Haha. A major career change is in the horizon, me thinks.

No comments:
Post a Comment