In the two years since H made the jump into the corporate world, we've seen a different side to life. It is also almost a year since I left my own employment from the government service, and venturing out on my own.
People always want more, don't they. While I've been spending the last 24 months in awe of the perks and by the sheer amount of money people get paid around here, I can't get over how much they still complain. In fact all they do is complain! They are not getting this, not getting that, want this, want more. Everything is an entitlement to them. Demands demands demands.
So ungrateful. It's one thing to want what you have the right to. But the sheer greed of it, is it necessary? Often I'd get stuck in a social conversation that inevitable turns to employment matters. Being the only one self-employed, formerly earning not much at all, currently earning close to nothing, with a student loan debt to pay - I'd end up keeping quiet.
While they complain. Everyone wants more more more.
When people already have so much, and yet cry foul over not getting more, it makes me truly angry.
And not just for myself. Yes I whinge (currently) about my finances, but in all honestly, this was all calculated and expected for the first year of operations. Am projecting an okay livelihood in the near future. Enough, at the very least. And we live way below our means. And there's always that reminder that so many have far less.
Last night another of H's colleagues reminded us that once we've tasted the life for 10-15 years, we'd start asking for more too.
I really hope we won't turn into that.
No comments:
Post a Comment